Thursday, September 6, 2007

One Giant Leap

Dream… and suddenly you are awakening to a new reality.

Back in the year 2000, I, along with five other women banded together to start a small support group for each other as we embarked on our prospective, entrepreneurial journeys. We even gave our group a name: MentorsMeet. Our meetings took place once a month on a Wednesday evening at one of our homes. The structure was set up where each of us had 20 minutes to talk about our business issue or concern, then 15 minutes for the round-table feedback. Organized, productive and always good food!

I don’t think any one of us in the group could have predicted the paths to come for each of us. Who would have thought, collectively, after seven plus years, with eight children born, two home relocations, two business relocations, one really hard break-up, two affairs, several years of therapy, breast cancer, the birth of a non-profit… to name but a few… that we would still be gathering together, let alone, still in touch at all. We have shed countless tears, shared barrels of laughter and counseled each other through dark times. We have become family, we are sisters.

As a girl, I always gravitated towards boys for friends. I gave myself over to my masculine side, on some level believing that is where the strength in the world resides. What I have since come to know deeply in my heart of hearts, is that the power of the feminine connection is profound. We possess the capacity to help heal, not only ourselves and others, but the planet - Mother Earth, Pachamama – and she so needs us now. It is my hope, my desire, my longing for Lady Guru to inspire that capacity in women, to find that strength and courage along with the softness and compassion, that can help be a catalyst for change in the world, towards peace in the world - One small step for Lady; one giant leap for Lady Gurus.

Peace Sisters.

2 comments:

TM said...

One of the most beautiful words in the world - "sister"

Lady Guru said...

thanks, sis.