Thursday, March 6, 2008

Coming Around Again... and Again

Float… and suddenly you are winding your way up the spiral.

Just recently, I found myself in a particular situation, that, how should I say, wasn’t anything new. This episode I was dealing with was one where I had found myself several times in the past. So, the stage was set as I agreed to come into the scene, yet again, knowing the history and arriving with preconceived ideas about how things will unfold. So, when things turned in the direction that I had expected, I found myself (yet again) impatient, annoyed and frustrated. First, it was all directed toward my nemesis of the moment, but then I began to look at what was really going on: I chose this, I understood the nature of the situation and I allowed myself to get swallowed up in the drama I was co-creating -THEN, I turned the anger and frustration towards myself for doing so –THEN, I found myself as the witness, watching it all. I continued to bounce back and forth between these perspectives all day. It has been a very interesting unfolding, and I’m still reeling in the amazement of how we continue to take things on in life, over and again, until we learn what we are supposed to learn. Is it about learning patience and acceptance or is it about boundaries and living your truth? Is it about finally closing the book on something or going deeper into it to learn more… I guess the only way to know the answers to any of these questions is to be awake and present in the midst of it all and to make our decisions based on our higher wisdom or intuition - our most useful tool for growing towards authenticity and wholeness – and trust the outcome will be exactly what it needs to be. Because, even when we feel like we’ve come full circle or “been here before” we can trust that we are climbing the upward spiral and we ARE making progress.

Sat Nam!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Going deeper to learn more is scary...

TM said...

As always, a very relevant post. The whole idea of being "awake" is a challenge for me. It's good to be reminded of that periodically. :)

Lady Guru said...

Going deeper CAN be scary and challenging. But, the riches and rewards can also be so much more plentiful. Trust your heart - it doesn't know how to lie.

Anonymous said...

been there, done that so many times, good news is, am hopefully seeing it quicker now so i still don't get so sucked in, but boy, it is still hard at times. you said is sista!
love,
kirpal