Thursday, June 21, 2007

The Art of Letting Go

Relax... and suddenly everything seems easier.

We’re thinking of moving to Costa Rica. We are there now, actually. And although I feel like I’m supposed to be on vacation, there’s much more going on for me than just some fun-in-the-sun. Don’t get me wrong, there have been some nice visits to the beach and lolling about by the pool. But more than that, there have been visits to properties, talks with realtors, architects, home owners and business owners both transplants and locals, as we try in a two week period to glean as much information as we can about everything we can think of and more that we haven’t.

And then there’s my little brain trying to get itself around the big concept of “life in this sleepy beach town” which on one hand feels great, but on the other hand, there’s the idea of leaving my home and friends and family behind as well as trying to absorb all the logistics of making a substantial move like this happen…!

And then I stop and take a moment to let go of the drama I am creating and relax where I am, in this moment… and this moment… to acknowledge and honor the continuum of every moment in every day in every year and decade that has brought me to this very spot, here on this beautiful earth, here in my open heart… at least for this moment… and this moment. And let go. And relax… and suddenly – everything seems easier.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like it--how we can be lost within the logistics, even when beauty is staring us in the face. I'm coming to Costa Rica, save a spot for me! Love, Robin

Dori Langevin said...

Leaving the Familiar is the ticket to freedom...Costa Rica, Spokane Valley...or just leaving the familiar habit patterns that often are activated from a mis-belief that something is missing or something is wrong with us, with the moment, with others...
Yahoo!! Go LadyGuru we are with ya!
Love, D

Anonymous said...

Leaving the known for the unknown can be scary. But starting over can be cleansing. As long as we realize that no matter how many miles away we move feelings will always remain and loved ones will always be there in heart.

Good Luck to you.......

Anonymous said...

This sooo resonated with me - especially at this moment.

I've been wanting to move to California "forever" - and every time I've been there, it's felt like "home". I've been putting it out to the Universe for quite awhile - and have also been doing my part, ie checking out different locations, marinas to move my boat to (somewhat of a challenge in CA, esp for live-aboards),... In the process, I started a job a little over a year ago...and then found out we have an office in Southern CA :o)

A few weeks ago, I started searching for a marina again - and I actually found one with a live-aboard slip (unlike the many years waiting lists). However, if I want it, I have to take it "now". Lots of logistics to work out - can I really relocate with my job, transporting the boat, what to do with the car, and oh-no...the airline won't allow Puggy in the cabin :o( And of course the "expense", which is not at all trivial. I also don't know anyone out there. It's feeling like it would be so much easier just to stay put ;o)

But....I am really excited about the possibility and not wanting to pass up this "gift" from the Unvierse ;o) Sometimes I think it's best just to jump in with both feet and see what happens (not that I've ever done that before ;o) I am letting go of my desire to "control" what happens, what the outcome may be - and also letting go of any "fear". The unknown can be somewhat intimidating, but also very exciting! :o)

Kate

Lady Guru said...

and, sometimes, opportunities present themselves to show us what we REALLY want. as in: be careful what you wish for. sometimes, when the harsh reality of our dream starts manifesting, we can see more clearly that perhaps we ARE fine where we are, and perhaps there ISN'T anything to change... at least for now... the point is to recognize the choices. and when we do finally make one, to trust, no matter what, it's the right one... no regrets, no looking back.

"freedom is just another word for nothing-left-to-loose"!