Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Surrendering

Expand… and suddenly you can’t ignore your own vastness.

Pema Chodron writes: “Expansion never happens through greediness or pushing or striving. It happens through some combination of learning to relax where you already are and at the same time, keeping the possibility open that your capacity, my capacity, the capacity of all beings is limitless. As we continue to relax where we are, our opening expands”.

We can all recall times when we’ve tried so hard to avoid something, change something or make something happen and yet all we seemed to encounter was resistance. We think we know what’s right for us or how any given situation is “supposed” to be; work, relationship, health - but when we are quiet enough in the moment to really see, really hear, then we can recognize the opportunities that the Universe has been trying to present to us all along. Lady Guru came to me during a time of surrender, a time of letting go of ideas of how my life was supposed to look – a time of opening and expansion into territory unknown to me. What I continue to learn from Lady Guru is that ALL territory is unknown. And, when I get caught up in the idea that I can predict an outcome, I realize that I am only deluding myself with a false sense of security – and then I remember and understand that I have not been relaxing enough to realize my limitless capacity. Thank you, Lady G.

4 comments:

TM said...

I always enjoy coming here and reading what you have to say. It's always relevant, and appreciated. :)

Lady Guru said...

thanks, TM.

i feel like i'm over-flowing. i just can't keep it all in anymore!

Nan Patience said...

Hi Lady Guru ~ I found particular resonance with this post. I think it's quite true, and it was a good reminder. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Lady Guru, I'm amazed at all that is pouring forth! And the website... woweee! I know what kind of work, passion, vision and surrender that takes... my humble applause!